Friday, May 1, 2015

Victor Is Taking A Nap. In the Meantime...

So, the brand new fuel pump didn't solve the issue. The van still sputtered, and on the way to work today, I stalled out driving 30 mph. I pulled over, coasting my way out of moving traffic. Twenty minutes later, I was able to start the van and drive it far enough to coast my way into a quiet parking lot, where I spent hours deliberating over how to go about bringing Victor back to life.


The best option became getting towed back to the same shop that installed my fuel pump, where I would leave Victor and ride my bike to Auto Zone to buy a cheaper fuel injector (roughly $150 less than the part they would install), bring the part back to the shop, and have them install it.

Currently, I'm waiting in a coffee shop down the street for any news about Victor's condition. In the meantime, here's a little something (click the link to watch my sweet YouTube video) I've finished from my recent trip to Utah with Victor:


And now enough time has passed that I know I will be waiting until Monday to get Victor back. Much thanks to my friends who are helping me through my weekend of unexpected homelessness. I'll get you guys back.


No comments:

Post a Comment